InMotion Games is a new and growing game division of InMotion Software. Staffed with veterans of the game industry, InMotion Games will be taking on various IP to develop on multiple platforms.
Working in Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), you will collaborate with client and backend engineers, designers, and artists to build various game systems. In depth knowledge of UE4 and how to properly engineer code to run effectively on specific platforms is required.
• Light and shade scenes and assets in Unreal
• Use Unreal’s particle system to design and create FX
• Create and debug shader and materials graphs throughout production
• Support the development team with level implementation in Unreal
• Provide the art team with guidelines for art content creation for Unreal
• Work with the art team to make levels efficient and meet run-time performance requirements • Help to improve technical pipelines and FX creation techniques/tools
• Ability to work in Unreal and proprietary engines
• Proficiency working with Maya asset workflows between Maya and Unreal • Must have experience with lighting and shading in Unreal
• Experience creating functional levels in Unreal
• Understanding of the PBR workflow and working with textures
• Expert in blueprints, materials, level streaming – able to rapidly prototype features using blueprints/shaders
• Analyze content using profiling tools and work with developer to reduce scene complexity
• Coding in Python, particularly for Maya to help with tools to improve workflow • Experience producing pipeline tools for Maya
• Experience with performance profiling in Unreal
• Experience writing tools and UI panels for Unreal
• Proven games industry experience, with a Technical Artist credit on at least one published title • Shader coding in HLSL / GLSL
• Able to think creatively and resolve technical challenges and limitations
• Excellent communication skills at all levels, both on a technical and creative basis • Strong time management & organization skills
About InMotion Games
Founded in 2008, InMotion Software initially developed mobile titles – including the #1 hit I Dig It. InMotion transitioned to be the technical solution provider for several large corporations, helping companies build new products and augment development teams accordingly. In 2020 InMotion spun off the InMotion Games division as a subsidiary of InMotion to handle all the game development needs of larger studios who need to accelerate their game development. InMotion offers competitive salaries and other strong benefits, including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401K and other perks.