InMotion Software is a boutique custom software developer focused on deep tech development opportunities in a
range of industries. InMotion embraces a hybrid-remote workforce methodology to develop software in innovative
ways. We are looking for software developers who share our vision in creating advanced software solutions, as well as
build long term engagements with our clients.
InMotion Software seeks a Senior Backend Developer to join a small team of dedicated engineers, developers, and
product managers spanning across several products in a range of industries.
As a tech lead and developer, you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes
technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment, and support of applications developed for our
• Responsible for building, steering, and maintaining backend services by providing guidance, vision &
leadership, set product strategy, and direction
• Participating in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, code, test,
troubleshooting, and documenting engineering software applications
• Ensuring that the technical software development process is followed on the project, and being familiar
with industry best practices for software development
• Demonstrating the ability to adapt and work with team members of various experience levels
• Ensuring the availability and service quality of all our applications
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues affecting production, such as performance bottlenecks and other
errant software issues
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience
• 5+ years of server-side development experience
• A firm grasp of Computer Science fundamentals including object oriented design, data structures,
algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Extensive experience with and knowledge of client-server applications and RESTful APIs
• Proficient in data architecture: SQL databases, caching, sharding
• Developed server-side applications that operate at a global scale
• Extensive experience building services for native mobile technologies and web applications
• Experience with games, digital currency, and mobile technologies a plus
• Experience working in an agile team
• Experience with performance management, logging, and monitoring tools
• Experience with common open-source technologies at scale
• A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of
ownership and drive
Based in Austin, TX, InMotion Software is a leading technology developer dedicated to creating world class mobile, web
and games applications across a wide range of industries. Our mission is to redefine software development by focusing
on a hybrid-remote development methodology that delivers high quality products for our clients.
Founded in 2008, InMotion is led by a team of industry veterans from a range of software industries including games,
fintech, and mobile technologies. InMotion was one of the early creators of mobile gaming applications with several
titles in the top 100, including the #1 hit game I Dig It. With a developer first approach, InMotion has become a premium
technical solutions provider across a wide range of industries.
InMotion has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Austin, Texas”.